Jan 12, 2011
www.firstdirect.com Login First Direct Bank Internet Banking Online
In the United Kingdom, First Direct is a telephone and internet-based retail bank. It is a division of HSBC Bank plc. First direct provides internet banking services through the official website www.firstdirect.com. Customers are allowed to conduct financial transactions on a secure website by Online banking or Internet banking. For using online banking services, you just have to enter your user name and password.
The headquarters of First Direct is situated at Leeds, West Yorkshire, England, and has above 1.16 million customers. It was established on 1 October 1989 by Midland Bank. The bank had 100,000 customers on its books by May 1991 and by 1993 it had 250000. First directory was launched by the bank in January 2004, which is a service whereby additional services were added to current accounts such as free text message banking, annual travel insurance and mobile phone insurance
Along with Internet Banking First direct also provides Mobile Banking and Telephone Banking. You are being allowed to keep in touch with your money by Internet Banking. Internet Banking is the safe, simple, and secure way of Banking, which can be used at anytime and anywhere.
The services are given below which are provided by First Direct for Internet Banking:
* Pay bills
* Monitor transactions
* Set up payment details
* Move money between accounts
* Set up and manage text message banking
* Request PINs, replacement cards and paying in books
* View balances and receive statements online
Planning your finances
* Schedule bills
* View and cancel direct debits
* Download transactions to your own PC software, e.g. Microsoft® Money, Intuit Quicken or Microsoft® Excel
* View, set up, cancel and amend standing orders
* Access rates and charges
* Order travel money online
* Use their personal loan calculator
* Check offset Mortgage balances and repayments
* Apply for a Personal Loan
* Apply for a first direct credit card
* Get an Agreement in Principle for an offset Mortgage
* Check credit card balances
* Apply for a savings account
* Access ISA balances and transfer funds into your account
* Check savings account balances
* View and print up to 72 months' transactions
* View up to 72 months' statements online
* View statements of 1st Account, Flexi loan, non-standard loans, Bonus Savings, e-Savings, Savings
* Print the statements directly from Internet Banking
* Easy to access online statements
What do you need for Internet Banking?
You must have a PC or Mac, internet access and right browser software. A PC should have Windows XP and a Mac should have OS X 10.4. To access their Internet Banking service you will require following things:
* PC browser: Firefox 3.0** or Microsoft® Internet Explorer version 6 or 7*
* Mac browser: Safari 2.0 or Firefox 3.0** or above (They no longer support Microsoft® Internet Explorer as Microsoft® have ceased support for this browser on a Mac)
* Colour display, minimum pixel resolution 1024 x 768
* Modem (minimum speed 56kbps).
How to login for internet banking at www.firstdirect.com?
* Open the website www.firstdirect.com for login.
* Click on the option “Internet Banking”, which is given at the top of the page.
* After clicking on it, new window will be opened.
* Click on “log on to internet banking" option.
* Enter your username and click on “proceed” button.